So yesterday I was driving home from the office, and a Thai person did something that, yet again, made me laugh. Immediately after you turn onto the highway from the street to our office, there is a u-turn. I take this u-turn everyday to get to the street that leads to our house. Yesterday was no different. However, as I was about to take the u-turn, I noticed that at the beginning of it the car in front of me was being forced to back up. In front of him was a Thai guy driving a truck, and he decided about halfway down the u-turn ramp that he really didn't want to take that u-turn. So, what does he do? Instead of taking the u-turn and then taking the next one that is about half a mile down, he just decides he's going to start backing up. Yes, that is correct, he begins to back up on the u-turn ramp, gets to where the ramp starts, and then slowly merges right into oncoming traffic to get back on the highway. Oh, and what makes it even better, he nearly kills this poor kid on a motorbike. Amazing Thailand, what can I say!
On a happier thought, we had our two Tibetan wool rugs from Nepal cleaned this week. Cost a whole whopping $18, including pick up and delivery.
No comments:
Post a Comment