I really have been trying to take it easy. I have realized that the hardest thing for me with being pregnant with baby number 2 is that I am so accustomed to sacrificing self for Keely that I forget taking care of me means taking care of the baby too! Therefore, the past couple weeks especially as things have started warming up here (near 100 degrees many days) I have been consciously making myself rest during Keely's nap time. However, I guess I was still doing too much because Sunday night I just started feeling "ick." Monday even was PJ day and I didn't get dressed until 3:30 in the afternoon! And I napped during Keely's morning and afternoon nap! Jacob was getting concerned Monday night because I was experiencing pains that I don't remember experiencing with Keely until late in the 3rd trimester, but I assured him that I was paying attention and if things got worst I would go to the doctor. Tuesday while I was reading to Keely before her rest/nap time I started feeling more pains that sent up the red flag because they were in the list of things to watch for in the books. So, that afternoon we went to go visit my doctor. My problem in trying to figure out what was going on is that with Keely: 1. I never knew when I had Braxton-Hicks contractions and 2. I had back labor and never experienced tummy contractions when I was in labor with her. However, when I ran done my list of symptoms to the doctor he said that I was having contractions. So, he checked on the baby first and she is healthy and doing great. Then he examined me and said that things were looking good...I was not going into labor. He did some lab work and I didn't have any infections that could be causing the contractions so he prescribed rest for 2 days. He told me to come back if the contractions didn't go away. AND I'm feeling a lot better. I don't feel that "ick" feeling any more and I haven't had contractions for about a day or so! PTL! Guess I just need to take it easy--even more so!
The fun part of living in Asia of this story was that yesterday (day 2 of rest) we didn't have electricity. We knew it would be out until 3pm but it ended up being out until 7:30 pm!! So, Keely and I "rested" and hung out at the office!! My body may have rested, but it was not restful trying to entertain an active and getting more bored by the minute toddler in a small space with limited toys and books while trying not to get up too much! What fun times!!
Sorry things are rough with the pregnancy right now - I completely understand as I was on bed rest for pre-term contractions for all 3 of my pregnancies. Know that I am thinking of you!!! It is especially a challenge to take it easy when you have another little one to chase. Hang in there and do what you need to to keep the little one inside safe until delivery - even if it means a messy house (this is the one that got to me!).
ReplyDeleteoh man! That sounds like it's not so fun :) I bet it's hard to take it easy with a cute little girl that wants to play :) We'll be lifting youg uys up :) I can't wait to meet the new little one :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sara. Scott and I always keep up with you and Jacob via your blog. It's great!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you. Remember to ask for help if you need to rest. It is pretty impossible to rest with a little one racing around the house :) I know there are other moms there who would love to bless you by helping out!
Erica Riddell