...well not quite but almost.
When Jacob got in the truck yesterday at lunchtime, this is the first thing Keely told him. And then repeatedly told everyone we were eating lunch with and us a few more times on the way home. (Do you think the incident I'm about to tell you about made an impression?)
They came to spray our house for bugs yesterday morning (which it really annoys me when they don't contact me beforehand and so they come during naptime...but anyway) and Keely and I went outside to play in the street. (Don't worry our street is very quiet and it's too smelly to stay in the yard!) I grabbed a yellow rubber ball on our way out to throw around. There are two dogs that live in the middle of our street a couple houses down (I don't think anyone owns them...they have just claimed that part of our street as their home). We started throwing the ball around and the dogs start slowly walking towards us. I moved Keely to the other side so I would be between her and the dogs and then later we moved so that she was closer to the house and I could see them better. Everytime we would throw the ball they would get closer. I was trying to keep the ball out of their reach and even though Keely has a pretty straight throw...it veered off once and I already knew what was coming so I didn't make a super quick chase for it and one of the dogs grabbed it and they both went running down the street. Keely SCREAMED! I picked her up and tried to calm her down and reason with her...because I don't know these dogs and I wasn't going to go get it from them. A lady that lives in the house next to where they have claimed stake was outside sweeping and heard the scream and came to see what was going on and got the ball from us. And after that Keely has been claiming that the "doggie ate my ball."
haha! How traumatic! Cute story :)
ReplyDelete