Tuesday, August 17, 2010

July Happenings: Playing with Beads

Like I posted here, this summer we did activity stations a few times to give the girls some things to do while I tried to accomplish something too. Jordan has been obsessed with beads for quite some time. She would see them in the closet and would beg to play with them. One of those times that you can see here, ended up quite the clean-up. I've been leery since then, but decide to try again with cake pans hoping the beads would stay in the pans mostly. It worked for the most part. Every few minutes I would hear the tinkle of a bead on the floor and then I would hear Jordan getting down from the chair to go search for the bead. The first time the girls played with the beads they threaded them on pipe cleaners. I enjoyed the look of concentration on Jordan's face as she threaded hers.


2 comments:

  1. Pipe Cleaners - great idea! Then the beads don't fall off! Awesome :)
    VERY cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the idea off a blog -- but yes they don't fall off. Though my girls thought it was fun for a whole 30 seconds (I had Keely do patterns) but that is often the way things go around here! At least they got to practice it for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete