Friday, October 22, 2010

Family Trip: Second City

On our way to our second city on our family trip tour, we took an hour and a half bus to the airport. Unforunately, we forgot it was a Saturday and couldn't get on the first bus out and so we had to hurry a little at immigration and checking in. But no problem -- we made the flight! The taxi ride into the city had a little excitement though! When we stopped at a toll booth, a wasp flew into the window on Jordan's side. Jordan and I freaked out and I pulled her as close to me as I could. Then after I was calmer I started rolling the window down more and the wasp hit the window and fell back into the car. But we couldn't find it! During all this time, Jacob is on his ipod and I'm trying to figure out why that was more important. Then I realized he was searching for the word for wasp to tell our taxi driver. I finally moved Jordan's leg and somehow the wasp had landed under her pant leg! It took the wasp a few moments to compose himself and then finally started flying again and flew out the window! During the whole time Jordan was saying, "Bumble bee, bumble bee." She had just watched an episode of Curious George where there was a bumble bee. Close enough!

Once we got there we had a dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits and apple pie with our friends!
Keely enjoying her apple pie. She asked if we could come to their home every time we came to visit! This family also had three kids and the girls had SO much fun!

The girls playing file folder games while we were getting ready one morning.

Jordan came out one day while playing with the kids wearing this hat. It was too cute.

The girls posing at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment