Monday, May 05, 2008

Excitement in Our Lives

This new baby wants to make sure that we don't ever get bored and have plenty of excitement in our lives! Not like we have a shortage of excitement going on!

Thursday night I started having contractions and some abdominal pain. The contractions weren't real painful, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to them until they began to be accompanied by lower back pain, which reminded me of my back labor with Keely. So, I started timing them and until I went to bed they were about 6 per hour. I woke about every hour with some pain and by 3am couldn't go back to sleep because of the back pain. I was just asking Father to get me through until morning. I finally fell back asleep at 6am but woke again an hour later with contractions accompanied with nausea and back pain. We went to the doctor and he said that the baby seemed as strong as the last time and she didn't seem to know anything was wrong...I'm just having contractions! He did confirm what I had thought that she had moved done a bit--she had been really high. He sent me home with some medicine and to rest. The medicine is not fun to take at all...it makes me shakey, out of breath and fills me with adrenaline, which makes me on edge and nervous! It also doesn't take away those pesky and often painful back pains. Friday night and Saturday night I had the back pain, but Sunday I felt really good and he told me not to take the medicine if I didn't have contractions--so I didn't. Later in the afternoon I felt nauseous and had a bad headache though...but no contractions and not very much back pain! However, this morning I felt like I was right back where I started! I did start feeling better by the end of the day and this evening hasn't been as bad as some of the past ones--but as I finish this post my back is beginning to hurt again! Off to a hot shower after I post! So, lots of fun! Our American doctor friends are a bit concerned because this is not the ideal city to have a preemie in...so we are just asking Father for wisdom as to what to do! We just aren't really sure how concerned we should be, or if I just need to continue to rest and take the medicine. Just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with us and ask for you to be talking to Father with us as well!

5 comments:

  1. Wow- I hope baby settles down and realizes she still has a few more weeks to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting and letting us know what's up. We'll be lifting you up! I know that's no fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keeping you in my prayers. i had terrible back labor with eric, so i can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will definitely be thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Craziness! We're totally lifting you guys up!!!

    ReplyDelete