Wednesday, May 14, 2008
It's Still a Girl!
Friends have been giving us doubts about this little baby being a girl, so today at the ultrasound we were excited to see in the 4D ultrasound that it is a girl! Jacob has been a proud daddy showing our friends the CD of the ultrasound. The ultrasound went well and things look good. She seems a bit squished in there with her foot and hand over her face. The technician tried really hard to get a good face shot, but I may have another independent child and she wasn't willing to change her position! I am at 33 weeks and 5 days today and her measurements averaged out to being 34 weeks and 5 days and estimated at weighing 2.6 kilos or 5 3/4 pounds (though I know that is just an estimate)! The doctor felt I was doing well and that I just need to continue to rest or take the medicine when rest doesn't ease the contractions. So, I have two weeks until I'm at the "safe" zone. My doctor always does or says something funny and today it was when he turned the page on his calendar and ran his finger down each week and told me I could have the baby any day in June, I just have to wait until June! Though I keep kidding that after all of this I'll go late! HAHA! As an update to how I have been feeling...Thursday thru Sunday were really good days and then the past 2 1/2 days have been a bit rough with lots of contractions while I am standing and even some while laying down. It has been a bit difficult on Keely, especially yesterday when I insisted on playing and reading laying down! All in all. though, we are all doing well!! We are just counting down the days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the baby girl still being a baby girl! I knew exactly how you felt about the "blah" feeling, especially running around with Keely. Hannah didn't quite understand why Mommy didn't have any energy either! Hang in there! Your new baby will be here before you know it. When she does appear, you are probably going to think....wow, I can't ever remember Keely being this tiny!!! Hannah is a great big sister too..I am sure Keely will be one as well!
ReplyDeleteKnow that we are thinking of u durng this time - i had to do the same with all 3 of my pregnancies. I know it is particularly challenging when u have another little one to take care of. May you have the strength and patience to just rest!
ReplyDeleteyay! Girls are fun!! We'll pr that you make it to June :)
ReplyDeleteAt 34 weeks (when I delivered) Aashini was only 2.4 kg... so your little girl bigger - that's good :)
I can't imagine being pregnant AND having a kid - whoa!
We're lifting you guys up!!!
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
ReplyDeleteAndrea- That's true, I had looked at your past blogs to see how many weeks you were and how big Aashini was when you had her. Though, I'm not too convinced they are accurate on the weight because they said Keely was 6 lbs 12 ozs a week and half before she was born and when she was born she was 6 lbs 11 ozs!