Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July Fun

Friday, our office had a 4th of July picnic at the international school's pool. As soon as we arrived, Keely was mesmerized by the pool. Grandma and Grandpa Franklin had sent Keely these arm floaties awhile back.

Jacob and Keely showing off her Strawberry Shortcake arm floaties

However, they say for age 3 and up so we hadn't used them yet. I had seen a lot of friends use them with their children Keely's age and younger so we decided to try them out. I was pretty impressed she let us put them on her and she wore them the whole time! The pool has a large wading pool area and Keely loves to be able to touch the bottom! The floaties were great because if she lost her balance-- no problem! She didn't float around too much but enjoyed it when she did.
(Before the picnic, some of the guys played ultimate Frisbee and Jacob got that nice raspberry on his shoulder from diving for the Frisbee. He says he caught it though!!)

Keely floating in the pool


Keely trying to swim

Thanks for the floaties Grandma and Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. i love that last picture! keely's face is sheer JOY! she is so happy and excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics :) And I can say that Jacob DID catch the frisbee - I saw it! :)

    I love those pictures! Keely is so happy!!

    ReplyDelete