Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Big Girl

About 10 days before Thanksgiving, we began to potty train Keely. She did really well with a few accidents here and there. About two months later, we took the long trip back to Thailand and we had a few more accidents due to going to unfamiliar bathrooms and that type of thing but she did well. Two weeks after that she was in childcare for 12 days or so and did really well telling the teachers she needed to go. That was her first time to have people she didn't know well to help her. Last Sunday, we were at a mall that on one side has bathrooms that only has squatty style potties and then in another area there are Western style potties. When Keely announced she needed to go we were near a squatty bathroom...so she tried it out for the first time. Let's just say she didn't squat low enough before she started going and I got wet!! Practice makes perfect, huh?

When we got back to our home here, we got out Keely's step stool so she could get up to the potty by herself and to the sink. The independent girl she is, decided she liked my kitchen stool better and uses that. The past 3 days, she has come to me with no pants on announcing she has just gone to the bathroom and wants me to go see. And she has! This morning, Jordan was napping, Keely was quietly playing by herself upstairs while I worked on the computer. Keely got up went to the door and said, "I be right back, I go tee tee." I was about to get up and she said, "No, no I go." So, she went downstairs, got her stool and went to the bathroom! They grow up so fast don't they?

5 comments:

  1. Good job Keely! You are such a big girl! We're going to give potty training a go this summer - when there's less layers to pull down. We ordered the Potty Training in 3 Days book thanks to Jacob's hearty recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keely is getting so big. I miss her in class and remember her and your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! That's awesome!! Go Keely go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Keely is doing an awesome job! Go Keely!

    ReplyDelete