Sunday, July 05, 2009

Oh how I despise balloons!

I think it is great that a lot of the restaurants want to be kid friendly. However, I don't understand why all of them seem to think that means giving out balloons. Don't get me wrong, my girls love balloons! It's great fun to sway them around and even hit your sister in the head. I don't think they are fun because I get hit with them as I am trying to order lunch or carry the tray to our table. It's hard to hold my hand to go down the escalator or get on the MTR when there are balloons in your hands. The balloons are always falling off the stick or just being dropped-- of course as we are going down an escalator or getting off the MTR. On this balloon day, Keely asked me if she could have one and I told her not that day. Then the lady with the balloons comes up and we tell her no thank you but she persists. Jordan must have not been in the balloon negoations because she readily took one, which meant Keely had to have one too!! Oh well...I tried!!

2 comments:

  1. Children always love the things that we don't so much love...like balloons, sticky-messy foods, games that cause parents to weep great tears of boredom, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that same thing in India... all the restrauants give out balloons... Our problem is that Aashini gets tired of them and then we can't figure out how to get rid of them :) If we just "accidently drop it" then someone runs to give it to us... if we throw it in the trash then people get really upset at us or they'll chase us down to give it back (as if we accidently threw it away)... it's funny. The only thing we can do is find a street kid - they love them!

    ReplyDelete