Sunday, February 05, 2012

November: The Thanksgiving Turkey and Pilgrim

Keely's school had a Thanksgiving feast the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The Kindergartners made turkey "hats" and place mats for the occasion.

A friend at our church who is a teacher at Keely's school took this picture. I knew Keely wouldn't be a big fan of the meal, so she still took a sandwich. I assumed she'd eat the bread though, and it looks like from the picture I was right!

Wednesday was a half day of school. After school, all of us went out to lunch. Keely wore her turkey "hat." The next day as we were hurrying out the door for our Thanksgiving dinner with friends, we discovered that we left the turkey "hat" at the restaurant! In the five minute drive to dinner, I managed to make another turkey "hat." It definitely was not as cute as the one Keely made but it did the job. Jordan was a pilgrim.

The girls with one of our friends.

Pilgrim Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment