Will we ever be taking a trip to Nepal?
We don't have one scheduled yet, but we probably better wait until the girls are a bit older and could enjoy it a bit more! We do hope to get to take a trip some day to visit our friends living south of Nepal (yet again though probably later rather than sooner). I would love to visit again some day and miss it all of the time. I can't believe that was the first place overseas that I actually lived and in 5 weeks we are moving to Hong Kong! That's just really weird. I also can't believe that the people there still have a huge place in my heart and so we do wonder what Father has planned for later (long down the road not soon). However, there are a lot of people from Nepal that live in Hong Kong. When Jacob was single, a friend of his took him to a Nepali restaurant there! So, we are hoping to find some good restaurants and people to get to know. We also found out that Keely's prekindergarten teacher is from Nepal. She has lived in Hong Kong since she got married and has an 18 or 19 year old so she is probably more like a local now, but I thought that was really interesting too.
South Asia Rocks Questions
Most of your questions seem like we should experience things first before answering so we'll answer those after moving!
Again thank you everyone for asking questions and feel free to ask more. It was fun answering them!
haha :) Awesome :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that Keely's teacher is Napali - how awesome!!! That is so cool!!! I can't wait to hear stories when you move there :) So fun!!
When we were in HK for Aidan's birth, Mike got to know a Nepali immigrant who worked at the big park in Mei Foo. We found out there are around 16,000 legally documented Nepalis living in HK (many of them are the children and grandchildren of ex-guhrkas), though we have heard there are way more than that. Anyway, the guy Mike talked to was really open and we always wondered about the possibilities there...
ReplyDeleteSouthAsiaRocks- I think it is cool too. I'm sure we'll have some interesting stories!!
ReplyDeleteThe Everett Family- Wow, that's cool! When we were at Bubba Gumps last time, our server was from Nepal and was telling us some areas Nepalis live -- so we'll have to see!