Last Sunday Jordan turned two. Sometimes I can barely believe that she is already two -- though she definitely tries to be older than she is. I can't believe my two-year-old has been in a big girl bed for four or five months and she's been mostly potty trained for over three months or so. And the sentences that she says? Every day she says something to me that makes me look at Jacob and ask, "How old is she?"
A couple months ago I asked Jordan if she wanted princess cupcakes or Elmo cupcakes for her birthday. Those are the two things that she seems to be really interested in lately. I really thought she'd pick Elmo but I was wrong...she picked princess. A couple months before her birthday I did a few quick internet searches but just a few a vague ideas of what I was going to do until the week of her birthday. Before my parents came I had asked them to look and see if the Dollar Tree still had the princesses. It was for the girls to play with since they liked the princesses and they wouldn't care if they were a $1 each! They found them after they returned to the States and told me they were in a package on their way to us. That's when I decided to either put them on cupcakes or a cake. Decided on putting them on a cake...but don't ask me to decorate a cake for you! It didn't turn out very well! I made cupcakes with wands and tissue paper around the wrapper a lot like these that turned out a lot better for lunch with friends on Sunday. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures before they traveled and after a rough trip to church they didn't look very pretty! HA HA!
We had a lot of friends in town, and knew we'd be going out to lunch with them after church Sunday -- which can be tiring so we celebrated on Saturday as our family. To go along with our princess theme we decorated in pink with pink streamers and balloons and had princess treat bags (because that is the big thing at school and thought Keely would enjoy that). We had a lot of fun celebrating Jordan's 2nd birthday!
A couple months ago I asked Jordan if she wanted princess cupcakes or Elmo cupcakes for her birthday. Those are the two things that she seems to be really interested in lately. I really thought she'd pick Elmo but I was wrong...she picked princess. A couple months before her birthday I did a few quick internet searches but just a few a vague ideas of what I was going to do until the week of her birthday. Before my parents came I had asked them to look and see if the Dollar Tree still had the princesses. It was for the girls to play with since they liked the princesses and they wouldn't care if they were a $1 each! They found them after they returned to the States and told me they were in a package on their way to us. That's when I decided to either put them on cupcakes or a cake. Decided on putting them on a cake...but don't ask me to decorate a cake for you! It didn't turn out very well! I made cupcakes with wands and tissue paper around the wrapper a lot like these that turned out a lot better for lunch with friends on Sunday. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures before they traveled and after a rough trip to church they didn't look very pretty! HA HA!
We had a lot of friends in town, and knew we'd be going out to lunch with them after church Sunday -- which can be tiring so we celebrated on Saturday as our family. To go along with our princess theme we decorated in pink with pink streamers and balloons and had princess treat bags (because that is the big thing at school and thought Keely would enjoy that). We had a lot of fun celebrating Jordan's 2nd birthday!
The table set the night before. I laid out the girls' tiaras, wands, a necklace and some bracelets at each of their spots. They played with everything when they first got up before breakfast.
Jordan talking to Mimi and Papa as they wish her happy birthday (walking around as she talks of course just like her mommy).
Since I wrapped this package in tissue paper, Keely could see what it was and was very excited to help Jordan open it!












No comments:
Post a Comment