Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hong Kong Stories #1

We have already had a few funny stories happen that I've been wanting to share, but haven't had a chance. I'll break them up to keep the posts shorter!

To the guest flat we are staying, the gate on the front door has a number lock on it to get in. It worked fine the first night, but the next morning I forgot my measuring tape and we couldn't get back in. We decided to go ahead and leave and when we came back we were able to get in. That night Jacob had a meeting, so the girls and I ate dinner with our friends and when we got back to the flat (already past bedtime) I couldn't get the lock to work. As I am working on it a man in the flat next door starts screaming, which makes the girls and I a little nervous. Keely tugs on my arm and says, "Mommy this is the wrong one." I keep reassuring her it's the right one and finally Keely says, "Mommy look at my eyes. This is the wrong one." Just then a little boy from the yelling flat had come out and got in the elevator and gestured for us to come with him. He explained to the guard downstairs what was going on but he said he couldn't help us. We went back upstairs to try again and then went back downstairs to wait for our friend to come help. That time the guard called another guard who came and helped us get in the flat! The next morning they came to fix it. For a few days whenever we'd get to the door, Keely would tell Jacob, "Mommy couldn't get in." A few days later, Jordan and I came back by ourselves and I didn't have the new code. I called Jacob for it and tried and tired it. I called him back frustrated that I just couldn't work the silly thing when he realized he gave me the wrong code! Since then I haven't had any problems getting inside!! Whew!

1 comment: