Monday, June 22, 2009

Hong Kong Stories #2

A couple weeks ago, the girls and I went to our friends' house for lunch. It was raining and was the first day for Keely to use her new umbrella. The mini bus we take to our friends' house only holds 16 passengers and everyone must have a seat. If a child hasn't been paid for then they need to sit in your lap. I was nervous with my bag and two umbrellas if we'd fit but Keely figured out she had enough room if she sat at the very front of the seat. So we go and eat lunch and play for awhile and then it was time to go home. Keely was tired and of course didn't want to go. She was upset and it was a fiasco getting into the elevator and convincing her to not put her umbrella up before we got outside. We finally get outside and get our umbrellas up and start walking up to the minibus stop when we see one leaving. I assume we have missed it (later I realized it didn't take anyone-- our friend said it was probably going on a gas run). Keely is informing me she doesn't want to ride the bus when another one comes drops people off and we try to get on but are told we can't! (another gas run possibly-- there are normally 2 buses that run). Now, Keely is very upset because the bus wouldn't let us get on. We waited almost 15 minutes for one of the buses to come, in the rain with a very tired child who is not happy at all. The bus finally comes and we climb on and Keely wants to scan my octopus card. It's too high for her and really hard for me to pick her up while carrying Jordan so I tell her I need to do it and to go find a seat. She gets very upset and won't move out of the doorway. I'm trying to quickly convince her to move on down the aisle when the bus driver starts yelling at me (I'm assuming to move on and get a seat). So I scoop Keely up and get her into a seat. She doesn't want to sit down and I'm trying to get her to sit down and move over when the bus driver pulls out and starts going!! I finally get in my seat. About halfway to our stop, I start asking Keely if she is happy and I find a smile. However, it didn't look anything like the one she had when we saw Jacob waiting for us as we got off!! Whew! What a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment