Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hong Kong Stories #4

Last week, Jacob needed to stop by our friend's office and the girls and I had a play date. Jacob and Keely left early so Keely could meet a lady that would be baby sitting her. They hadn't been gone but a minute or two when I realized that Jacob forgot to give me money and I needed to recharge my octopus card (which gets me on the MTR and bus). I tried to call them, but it takes a few minutes after getting off the elevator for Jacob's phone to get service again. I jump on the elevator and then run towards the MTR while calling them to get the money and then run back. I had been running behind all morning and that extra outting really put me behind. I was very determined to make it to our friend's house at the time we said so I quickly finished getting the bag ready and Jordan and I hurried out of the flat. I'm starting to get a pretty good feel of when the mini bus gets to the stop that takes us to our friend's house and I knew I was going to really be pushing it. I texted Jacob and Keely as I got off the MTR and Jordan and I walked quickly through the station walking up two sets of elevators and running up two flights of stairs. We hustled out of the station and around the corner to see that the bus was about to get to the stop. Thankfully it was stuck behind two bigger buses. I call Jacob to see if they were on their way and they were just leaving the restroom at the office and were heading down the stairs. I'm pretty sure we have missed this bus...but I'm still hopeful! Everyone got on the bus and I shook my head at the bus driver but kept watching for Jacob and Keely. The bus driver waited a minute and then got out to do something. When he got back in, he was about to pull away and I saw Jacob round the corner carrying Keely. I waved at the driver who stopped and waited for Keely to get there. Two other ladies even made it on the bus!! Whew, I couldn't believe we made it! The rest of the morning wasn't too eventful until we got back on the MTR to head home after lunch. Jacob had to get off at an earlier stop, which pushed Keely into a meltdown. She calmed down until we got to our stop and I asked her if she had fun having lunch with Daddy. Uh oh...that pushed her over again. After we got calmed down, we headed back to our apartment. We were almost to our flat when somehow Keely tripped in the parking lot we were walking through and scraped and bruised up both knees!! I carried her AND Jordan the rest of the way to the apartment! I was sure glad when we got everyone down for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment